This award was established by DREAM Fund in 2005 to honor Mary’s unselfish commitment to volunteerism in the media community and the community at large. Mary Henry was an integral part of our community and to honor her charitable efforts and ensure her legacy of giving, this award is given annually in her honor and name. Each year, after nominations are submitted, a recipient is selected and presented annually at the AWM Awards of Excellence Gala.
Nominations are due each year in early March. We will issue the call for nominations in February. Contact and submission info will be posted here during that time.
- Past recipients of the Mary Henry Humanitarian Award:
- Mary Henry – posthumously, 2004
- Shirley Ward, 2005
- Joanne Brookhart, 2006
- Jeff Zimmerman, 2007
- Rick Mills, 2008
- Patricia Nolan, 2009
- Essie Dalton, 2010
- Susie August, 2011
- Teresa Novak, 2012
- Juleann Pasqualini, 2013
- Willie Baronet, 2014
- Roger Tremblay, 2015
- Farrah Momayezi Reid, 2016
- Karen Coffey, 2017
- Kathy Sparks, 2018
- Melodie Cottingham, 2019
To be eligible, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Display the spirit of volunteerism by contributing significantly to the industry during the past year.
- Demonstrate a commitment to service in advancing the cause in the advertising community as well as their local community.
- Be an employee in advertising/media/public relations, etc in any of the states that DREAM Fund serves; Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and New Mexico, for a minimum of one year.
Recipients are eligible to receive this award only once in a three-year period.