DREAM Fund established this award in 2005 to honor Mary’s unselfish commitment to volunteerism in the media and the community. Mary Henry was an integral part of our community. To honor her charitable efforts and ensure her legacy of giving, this award is given annually in her honor and name. Each year, a recipient is selected and presented annually at the AWM Awards of Excellence Gala after nominations are submitted.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please email: [email protected]
- Past recipients of the Mary Henry Humanitarian Award:
- Mary Henry – posthumously, 2004
- Shirley Ward, 2005
- Joanne Brookhart, 2006
- Jeff Zimmerman, 2007
- Rick Mills, 2008
- Patricia Nolan, 2009
- Essie Dalton, 2010
- Susie August, 2011
- Teresa Novak, 2012
- Juleann Pasqualini, 2013
- Willie Baronet, 2014
- Roger Tremblay, 2015
- Farrah Momayezi Reid, 2016
- Karen Coffey, 2017
- Kathy Sparks, 2018
- Melodie Cottingham, 2019
- Jared Sandler, 2020
- John Breland, 2021
- Stacie Martin, 2022
To be eligible, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Display the spirit of volunteerism by contributing significantly to the industry during the past year.
- Demonstrate a commitment to service in advancing the cause in the advertising community and their local community.
- Be an employee in advertising/media/public relations, etc in any of the states that DREAM Fund serves; Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and New Mexico, for a minimum of one year.
Recipients are eligible to receive this award only once in a three-year period.